Full-Time Technical Officer CECAP
Title: Technical Officer CECAP
Reports to: State Team Lead
The Cervical Cancer Prevention Program (CECAP) Technical Officer will support innovative strategies in providing Cervical Cancer Prevention Program across TMEC RISE supported facilities in the State. The CECAP officer will support demand creation initiatives to scale up CECAP activities as part of Prevention services, working closely with the project teams to align activities and ensure effective integration of these strategies across the project with technical oversight from RISE CECAP and PrEP Advisor.
The Technical Officer (CECAP) will;
· Demonstrate experience providing capacity building assistance at Facility, Community and State levels.
· Demonstrate in-depth understanding of SMOH organizational structure and the Nigerian healthcare system.
· Increase the awareness of CECAP to high-risk individuals in the Facility and community.
· Support Major Stakeholders to supervise and mentor health care workers at sites implementing the program;
· Develop and expand capacity of Healthcare Workers on CECAP.
· Provide strategic direction and technical support towards CECAP implementation;
· Oversee effective implementation of Cervical Cancer Prevention Program in the State.
· Provide strategic direction technical oversight, and ensure appropriate support for the development and implementation of program activities in Cervical Cancer Prevention Program (CECAP);
· Work closely with other relevant ministries (Health, Women affairs), the implementing partners and other key stakeholders to support implementation of CECAP strategies;
· Support planning, coordination and supervision of cervical cancer screening activities in RISE-supported facilities;
· Support training facilitation of health care providers on cervical cancer prevention program and to build capacity of the health facility staffs to ensure the necessary equipment and supplies are available;
· Support build the capacity of service providers in documentation, data collection and analysis;
· Participate actively in State’s TWG meetings and fora addressing women health in Stakeholders and IPs collaborative learning.
· Promote dissemination and sharing of good practices;
· Document successes, lessons learned, and challenges in implementation through routine monthly, quarterly, and/or annual reports to Jhpiego and the donor, and other reporting requirements as requested.
· Support research and program learning efforts where appropriate.
· Consult with the technical and program team, implement changes in the interventions based on monitoring data and evidence from RISE-supported sites
· Liaise with RISE supported CSOs in improving demand in CECAP Services
· Perform any other duties assigned.
· Advanced degree or equivalent experience in public health, Pharmacy, or related health, medical and nursing science discipline; Post graduate degree desirable.
· Demonstrated experience working with USAID/PEPFAR programs and strong familiarity with USAID reporting requirements.
· At least 3+ years’ experience in management, operational and technical expertise with a preference in HIV program implementation
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Experience working in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform
· Experience in Prevention, Care and Treatment Service, preferably in an NGO setting.
· Problem solving ability. Quick learner with practical, precise approach.
· Good team leader
· Planning skills
· Plenty of initiative and can work unsupervised
· Knowledge of geography
· Good communication skills
· Attention to detail
· Ability to use Microsoft Office.
· Writing skills
· Respectful, accountable, honest.
14 total views, 1 today