Contract Telecommunication Study & Projects Engineer Recruitment
Calaya Engineering Services is a limited liability company that is specialized in Industrial & Oil Field Chemicals, Well Operations & Wellhead Maintenance, Corrosion Control, Monitoring & Prevention, Steel Structure Design, Construction & Fabrication, Cathodic Protection Services, Sand blasting & Coating, Calibration, Certification and Pressure Testing, Hybrid Acoustic Technology (HAT), Statutory Inspections and Nondestructive Testing, Waste & Environmental Management and Procurement
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Telecommunication Study & Projects Engineer
Job Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Employment Type: Contract
About the Job
- People Data: In daily contact with 17+ service contract personnel operating and maintaining the telecommunication systems and network.
- Financial Data: Delegated substitute for the Head of Telecommunication.
- Production Data: Telecom projects activities in the 3 Affiliate districts (Joint Venture, Deep Water and Corporate) of 40 sites including 5 offshore and 2 onshore locations, 2 FPSO, Rigs, Offices and Residences. Scope include: Architecture and Infrastructure, Data and Telephony, Collaboration, Fiber optics, cable Network, Videoconference, Microwave systems, Mobile and Broadband System, Business support system (Mobile Radio, GDMSS, RACON, CCTV, POB/ACS, PAGA, CATV, RADAR, Navigation aids etc.) and Building Projects.
- Statistical Data: 7+ Projects yearly;
- Perform studies and detailed engineering specifications of projects with a view to meeting the desired objectives, in accordance to Company Headquarter recommendations, international and national standards.
- Recommend and supervise the Implementation of approved technical architectures and solutions as regards improvement in the reliability and performance of the affiliate telecoms Infrastructure.
- Analyze the telecommunication market, monitor evolution of new solutions and propose improvement practices.
- Propose technical specifications and architecture to affiliate Building construction pre-project, Production field development to ensure compatibility of the new installation with existing telecom infrastructure.
- Establish, write and maintain general specifications and technical specifications for projects and system procedures.
- Define the functional, operational and technical interface between telecommunications systems and equipment of other disciplines such as MEP, electricity, structures etc.
- Propose and implement approved new management tools for network optimization.
- Defined detailed engineering for the integration of new projects into existing network with minimum disruption to IST services.
- Follow up and ensure proper documentations to smoothen transfer of projects to the operations team.
- Ensure consistency of solutions with standards and Company Headquarter practices in the affiliate.
- Develop with Head of Telecoms of Method and Project best practice for contractor’s management: defined indicators, KPI and SLA and follow up compliant by service contractors.
- Participate in writing of scope of work and evaluation of technical bids, contract negotiations and recommendation for award.
- Provide report on project activities, operational activities and any other development.
- Propose new evolutions in system and network design to Head of Telecom and implement validated proposals.
- Propose and implement approved routine telecoms preventive maintenance activities.
- Ensure that telecom means for crisis/emergency management in the CMT/EMT/ERIT and BCP in the district are operational.
- Follow up the resolution of curative interventions on equipment by service contract personnel.
- Ensure the optimal stocking of equipment spares or parts and other telecom consumables. Review MRP planning and update accordingly.
- Follow up the update of network diagrams, layout, equipment numbering, maintenance log books, telephone directory etc.
- Propose and implement approved cost-effective maintenance approach.
- Attend factory and onsite tests and take part in commissioning of telecoms system.
- Liaise with Procurement department regarding the purchase of equipment, check for quality and conformity of delivered equipment by suppliers. Follow up the implementation of Frame Agreement for materials and services where necessary.
- Assist the Head of Telecom in the control and management of service contract personnel. Ensure compliance to HSE rules, Telecom best practices and good housekeeping.
- Follow up the resolutions of faults, incidents escalated to external service providers or OEM.
- Participate in Service Quality Meeting with service providers and contractors.
Context and Environment:
- District spread geographical locations including onshore and offshore.
- Continuously increasing number of users requiring the maintenance and support of existing systems while providing new solutions and resources.
- Office environment of frequent electric power outages and dependence on external resources (service contracts) especially providers of national Telecom infrastructure whose services are not reliable.
- Delay in equipment sourced overseas.
- Environment of severe lightning and thunder strikes.
- Timely delivery of project deliverables and within budget. Delays will impact on the planned delivery of telecom services.
- Timely delivery of as-built technical documentation.
- Effective transfer of knowledge and handover of completed projects to operation and maintenance teams.
- Ensure the availability and efficient Telecom Services for operations and emergency support. Degraded services will impact on user’s productivity and production.
- Ensure timely problem resolution to minimize downtime of telecoms services.
- Ensure system capacity is adequate and upgraded accordingly to meet increasing needs of the business.
- Ensure up to date records of network architecture diagrams, inventory of assets, Telephone directory etc.
Qualifications / Experience Required
- B.Eng or MSc Degree in Electrical/Electronic or Telecommunication Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 – 8 years experience in Telecoms systems operations and project management preferably in Oil and Gas environment.
- Sound technical skills, very good ability to prioritize tasks, ability to work under pressure, good interpersonal, good team player, negotiation and communications skills, knowledge of French Language is an advantage.
80 total views, 1 today