Contract Telecoms Engineer At An Oil And Gas Company – Michael Stevens Consulting
Michael Stevens Consulting – On behalf of our client, a player in the Oil and Gas sector, we are searching for a suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Telecoms Engineer
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full-time
- To provide in depth discipline expertise to Microwave communications links, concerning all aspects of Installation, Operation and Maintenance of Microwave Radio system, especially concerning Project Engineering and implementation/Management. This will include conceptual and detailed design, link budget analysis, procurement and implementation.
- Provide technical support and supervision for Glo GSM installations at the required locations in Nigeria’s Niger Delta area.
- Coordinate and manage Project team’s Microwave Radio equipment materials in the IT Ware House and Stores.
- Regularly Interface with Topography team for East-West Microwave radio Map updates to ensure up to date map records and archives.
- Coordinate assigned Projects and supervise vendors to insure work is carried out in line with SPDC HSSE policies.
- Provide infrastructure benchmarks and ensure projects are delivered to operations specification
- IT security and compliance management
- To make inputs into new projects, link designs and implementation activities
- To prepare contract proposal, contract definitions and scope of works microwave link implementation activities. To prepare contract cost estimates, in line with Company standards and policies. To manage and supervise contracts setup for Project activities.
- To ensure completeness of hand-over documentation prior to hand-over to the asset holder/Maintenance team and closeout all completed jobs HSE wise. SPDC, SHELL and International Standards continue to be met throughout project execution;
- Contribute to team’s scheduled activities.
- Technically contribute to strategies for resolving or improving a problematic Radio link.
- Be able to resolve technical problems un-aided
- All logistics requirement, including needs for movements with Escort team when required are adequately planned.
- Site survey for identification of installation requirements
- Identification of challenges and installation needs in conjunction with the customer (production asset and infrastructure team)
- Prepare bill of engineering measurement in line with contract items to progress creation of PR
- Liaise with the team SAP focal point for creation of PO and issuance to contractor
- Facilitate premobilization of contractor to site by making sure all the necessary HSSE documents are in place.
- Liaise with the community relation officers to secure FTOs prior to contractor mobilization to site
- Mobilize contractor to site and monitor project execution to completion.
- Review as built documentation and transit project to operation
- Carry out other activities that may be assigned from the telecoms infrastructure team lead
Qualifiations / Requirements
- B.Eng. (Hons) / B.Sc. / HND in Electrical & Electronic Engineering / Communications / Computer Engineering or Sciences. Master’s / PhD is an added advantage
- Minimum of 10 years experience IT/Telecoms service delivery and support
- Skill in Microwave Radio link budget analysis and design in a telecommunication system
- Knowledge in Microwave Radio Operations and Maintenance
- Deep understanding of data, voice and video integration to the carrier (Microwave Radio system).
- Very skilled in installation, maintenance and operations of radio system
- Analytical and reporting skills
Technology Platforms Required
- Skilled in use of MS Outlook, Microsoft Office applications, Technical Report Writing & Presentations
- Proven understanding of Plant Maintenance management, Quality Management & SAP CMMS
- Proven change capacity and ability to align business goals with the business objectives of the organization. Which should be Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Time-framed (SMART)?
- Excellent interpersonal skills e.g. issue resolution, negotiation, influencing, Collaboration etc
- Resilient personality with focus and determination
- Strong organizational skills essential
- Good understanding of the EP business
- Good understanding of the trends in the IT industry
- Ability to lead and manage third party personnel
- Ability to work with other disciplines in a global environment
- Ability to manage relations with peers and senior EP business managers effectively in various organizations
- Strong interpersonal skills, which are critical and required to develop the professional respect essential for successful performance
- Natural flair for documentation and knowledge sharing
- Ability to communicate with and understand the needs of clients
- Formal Professional Training or Certification will be added advantage
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidats should send their CV to: with the Job Title as the subject of the email.
40 total views, 2 today