Full-Time The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Current Job Vacancy
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: ICT Specialist II
Location: Jos, Plateau
Job ID: ABJ202100239
- Under the supervision of the Finance and Admin Manager, the ICT Specialist II offers support and maintains proper functionality of ICT set-up and infrastructure;
- Interrelates with all the internal and external interlocutors including service providers;
- Offers support to users in Maiduguri and from other sites (sub-delegations, offices);
- Have a good knowledge on all of the following ICT domains: PC hardware and software, networking, telephony, radios, satellite systems, and helpdesk.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installs, programs, adapts and maintains all professional ICRC Informatics equipment (computers, servers, printers, peripherals, internal networks, power systems, cabling, modem, connexions and internet facilities) respecting internal standards and procedures.
- Installs, programs, adapts and maintains all professional ICRC Telecom/Radio equipment (HF, VHF, UHF, modems, antennas, cabling, power systems, inverters, batteries and repeaters) respecting internal standards and procedures.
- Installs, programs, adapts and maintains all professional ICRC Telephone equipment including PABX (Sat phones, faxes, switchboards, wireless units, telephone sets, GSM gateways) respecting internal standards and procedures.
- Timely response to helpdesk requests from callers and walk-ins, providing remote assistance to users with ICT problems
- Ensures all ICT support requests are accurately logged in the VSM portal and resolution is done according to the agreed Service Level Agreement and escalates unresolved problems to L3 service desk.
- Assist with the administration of staff joining, leaving and/or moving within different sites in relation to the creation and configuration of new computers and services
- Repairs or organizes repairs of all broken ICRC Informatics, Telecom or Telephone equipment received in (or transferred to) the ICT Workshop and attributed to him for repair.
- Assist in monitoring, operation and performance of LAN/WAN connectivity and communication services
- Assists users in software installation from ICT store and ensures proper software distribution, updates, and scripts installation.
- Maintains proper documentation of all equipment attribute or loaned in the inventory and the ICT stock, and schedules requests for equipment replacement.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent higher education degree in ICT domain (Electronics, Telecommunications, Computer Science) or similar field. Postgraduate or master’s degree is an asset.
- 4-5 years of experience in IT, electronics or similar position
- 2 years’ Experience on Telcom (VHF, HF, VSAT, Radio)
Desired Profile and Skills:
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Capacity to integrate and implement ICRC policies and procedures
- Skilled in the following competencies: Adapting & Learning; Planning, Organization & Assessment; Communication (Ability to express views and ideas); Analysis & Synthesis
- Strong understanding of telecom especially VHF, HF and satellite.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae, Application Letter and NYSC Certificate to:
Application Deadline: 24th December, 2021.
Important Information and Notice:
- Clearly indicate “ABJ202100239 – ICT Specialist 2 JOS” as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
- In the body of your email, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
- Equal opportunities shall be provided to all employees and applicants for employment based on their demonstrated ability and competence without discrimination based on race, colour, religion, sex, nationality, status, disability etc.
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
Anybody asking you to pay money to schedule your interview or offer you job may be a scam
4 total views, 1 today