Part-Time The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) Recent Job Vacancy
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: ICT Technical Assistant
Job Identification: 796
Location: Jos, Plateau
Job Category: Information Technology and Systems
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adheres to and supports the implementation of NRC ICT policies and procedures, handbooks and guidelines.
- Ensure I.C.T equipment, hardware, software, and other resources are made available and well maintained
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses problems, implements corrective action & procedures, monitor and facilitate repairs.
- Sets up and configures general hardware, peripherals, and accounts assigning security level;
- Monitors, operate and maintain a reliable internet and network system (connectivity, assigning access level)
- Implement NRC filing system (electronic files) at country level
- Provide IT support and capacity building to users on hardware, software, peripherals and other ICT resources (internet, e-mail, intranet)
- Maintain an accurate asset register and ensure all items are properly tagged.
- Ensure proper handover, including signatures for all mobile equipment.
- Ensure proper filing of all documents relative to assets management as per NRC policy (Loss and damage report).
- Ensure quickly and timely response to support request
- Administration, operation, technical support and monitoring of personal computers.
- Troubleshooting of personal computers, in collaboration with other ICT staff.
- Performance of tasks related to scheduled service requests, including equipment replacement,
- Assist in monitoring, operation, and performance of LAN/WAN connectivity, and communication services
- Preparation and release of ICT resources to authorized users as approved
- Training of newly recruited staffs on standards of ICT operations in NRC
- Follow up of pending orders and requisitions,
- Bachelors’ degree in Computer science or Engineering
- 2-3 years’ experience from working as an ICT Assistant in a humanitarian/recovery context preferably with similar organization like NRC
- Documented experience in related to network management and cloud networking (Cisco Meraki network devices)
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Good knowledge of the Nigerian context (internet services, Networks, software/hardware authentication)
- Office organization skills,
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office 365 suite)
- Operational on of Microsoft SharePoint
- Familiar with Cisco Meraki network devices
- Experience in the development and deployment of Solar power systems
- Good operational knowledge of CCTV systems (deployment, maintenance and operations)
- Good operational knowledge of Radio and satellite communications systems (HF/VHF, Iridium and thuraya)
- Good communication skills
- Fluency in English, Hausa is an asset
- Handling an insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
- Highest standards of ethics and integrity
- Respect to cultural, religious and gender diversity
- Communicating with impact and respect All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Codes of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Application Deadline: 18th February, 2021.
Anybody asking you to pay money to schedule your interview or offer you job may be a scam
View & Apply
11 total views, 1 today