Full-Time Transport and Logistics Manager
De Tastee Group is a leading quick-service restaurant, Outdoor Caterers, Event Hall Managers and Home delivery hospitality outfit. on a mission to become the premium brand and first choice in Nigeria’s fast-food business.
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Summary: The Transport & Logistics Manager supervises the movement, distribution and storage of supplies and materials in a company. He is tasked with planning routes, analyzing budgets, and processing shipments.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Define logistics strategy within the organization policies and procedures and ensure effective integration of logistics operations.
- Advice on logistics management and structures and staffing levels to ensure that they are at all times adequate to meet the requirements of the logistics strategy.
- General management of transportation matters, such as execution, direction and coordination of all activities.
- Handle Transport &Logistics Budget matters, planning of routes and schedules.
- To ensure safety of all vehicles on road by meeting up all legal requirement.
- Advisory functions on the status of vehicles, vehicle depreciation and disposal
- Managing the Transport &Logistics team to achieve worthwhile results; harnessing the functionality of the staff (drivers and other Transport &Logistics administrative staff); handling staff matters and ensuring staff improvement and training efficiency.
- Performance management of LPs and focus on improvement through a structured approach.
- Manage organizations field fleet arrangements including contingency plans for logistic distributions.
- Ensuring proper documentation for accounting, reporting and internal control are functioning and maintained.
- Ensure continuous logistic preparedness and review for improvement or corrections.
- Responsible for liaising with external or government agency on matters concerning transportation and logistics policies /tariff or rate.
- Establishment of policies, roles, regulations that will enhance standard and discipline in the fleet management.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and federal road safety laws & regulations.
- Direct reporting to the Divisional Head on matters arising, with adequate sensitization on the magnitude of the matter requiring attention.
- End to end management of fleet deployment at respective locations.
- Reporting to Top Management on the T&L unit and concerns.
Requirements & Skills
- B.Sc in Business Administration, Transport Management, or other related fields.
- A professional certification in T&L or such related certification is an added advantage.
- 8 years progressive relevant experience in logistics and transport operations, with three years in managerial capacity
- Record of successful distribution and logistics management
- Solid negotiation & communication skills
- Competent in MS Excel and MS Word
- Excellent technical knowledge of light and heavy-duty vehicles
- Excellent knowledge of transport & logistics documentation requirements and standards
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be a team player, with excellent interpersonal relationship skill.
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidates should apply using link:
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: 25th March, 2021
View & Apply
20 total views, 1 today