Full-Time Travel Officer
Company description EOS Outsourcing Limited is part of the international EOS Corporation Group, which provides services to the Oil and Gas Industry. We have…
Job Ad & Profile Description
Position : Travel Officer
Location: Bonny Island (Not Limited to)
Employment Type: Contract or Full Time
Essential duties and responsibilities
To work closely with Finance team to ensure smoother running of procurement process including:
- Securing valid requisition signed by responsible budget manager prior to initiation of any procurement.
- Purchase requests – this includes but not limited to processing and managing the procurement process in accordance with procurement guidelines.
- Establish and maintain procurement plan and ensure that the office does not run out of supplies required for smooth running of the business.
- Manage and update Office assets list and stock.
- Liaise with external suppliers and relevant service providers- ensuring best deal secured for the company
To work closely with travel team and external agencies to facilitate:
- Travel reservations, this includes arranging travel for but not limited to: All Company requests. Also Roving, Consultants, Field, Volunteers, Interviewees as assigned; when applicable and seeking lowest logical airfare options; send final Trip Confirmation emails summarising travel details for both traveller and local teams/reconfirm airport pick-up and security and support groups: Donor, conferences, meetings and trainings as needed.
- Help resolve staff travel issues such as trouble shooting unforeseen delays. Seek opportunities and offer suggestions to improve travel process; coordinate visa and travel procedures as needed by staff; Track and update returns, ticket validity, unused ticket log and refunds and train new staff on policies and procedures.
- Facilitate entry/transit visa process & determine best place for submission by working with visa service, embassies and/or field offices. Collect sponsor letters, collect photos, passport and ensure delivery of docs via shipping couriers.
- Hotel reservations pre-pay all room and taxes for all reservations – Requires initial per-payment directly to hotel and, follow up for check-out invoice.
- Confirm lowest logical hotel booking.
- Reporting accounting and filing • Update daily travel tracking • provide weekly and monthly travel report. • Month-end credit card reconciliation/back-ups for accounting. • Update Country contact sheets for travel.
Office and facility administration:
Work closely with Senior HR Officer to:
- Organise staff weekly briefing meetings, staff conferences and miscellaneous events.
- Ensuring that Internet, telephones and Polycom are working effectively and liaise with relevant providers.
- Minute taking; collate and bind all packs for the Board of Trustee meetings
- Manage external visitors to the office: greeting them, preparing meeting rooms and videoconferencing services.
- Liaise with external cleaning company to ensuring that the office is clean and look professional at all times: Toiletries and cleaning supplies, maintenance of Dish washer,
- Ensure that security of the office building including doors being locked, tidiness of work station and office, plumbing, and liaisons with office management company in case of electrical or any fault with the building utilities.
- Receiving mails and ensuring that it logged, day stamped and passed to the recipient. Post incoming outgoing mails (booking courier, franking, loading credit on franking machines, take posts to post office.
- Manage archiving of files as required and ensure files tagged and records kept up to date.
- Manage the general enquiries mailbox, ensuring that all queries are dealt with by the correct department and in a timely manner.
- Man the main office reception line and field calls accordingly.
Health and Safety
To work closely with Chief of Staff and Special Projects on:
- Ensuring that the company has updated and fit for purpose Health & Safety policy and procedures.
- Manage inspection visits from the Health and Safety Executive.
- Maintain fire evacuation management procedures, Ensure First Aid compliance and conduct Risk Assessments (fire, work station and hazards assessment) and address issues raised.
- Manage incident reports (files) and ensure that reports and complaints related to incidents are addressed promptly.
Required profile for job ad : Travel Officer
- First-level university degree in business administration, public administration, logistics and/or engineering, travel/transport management, hospitality service
- At least six years of progressive professional experience in the field of travel management;
- Experience in corporate travel management, travel strategy implementation, including a comprehensive understanding of airlines’ and travel agencies’ practices, corporate payment methods and industry economics and trends;
- Working experience with an international organization, private sector related to travel entitlement, daily subsistence allowances and management practices;
- Relevant experience in at least one or two of the key results areas
- Can do attitude and willingness to listen and learn
- Excellent attention to details and care about presentation of work shared with others.
- Initiatives to addressing work related challenges
- Ability to prioritise and effectively manage changing workload and priorities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including the ability to use office outlook
- suite of applications and relevant IT software
- Ability to connect the dots to deliver simple solutions to relatively complex issues.
- Experience in dealing with a cross section of staff and ensure that they are consistent, fair and can easily adapt to support colleagues with different priorities
- Must have experience working in an office environment
- Relevant qualification in office administration, procurement, or travel would be an added advantage
Job criteria for job ad : Travel Officer Job category :
Engineering, development studies
Employment type :
Permanent contract – Fixed-term contract
11 total views, 1 today