Full-Time United Bank Of Africa Professorial Chair Of Finance – University Of Lagos
The University of Lagos founded in 1962, has, for over 5 decades, provided qualitative and research-oriented education to Nigerians and all those who have entered its domain in search of knowledge. The University has built a legacy of excellence and has been instrumental in the production of top range graduates and academia who have had tremendous impact, directly or indirectly, on growth and development in Nigeria.
We invite suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: United Bank of Africa Professorial Chair of Finance
- The person that will occupy the UBA Professorial Chair of Finance shall be expected to teach and supervise existing or newly designed courses at both undergraduate and Postgraduate levels in the Department of Finance and carry out research in any specialized field of Finance.
- The Occupant of the Chair shall organize, from time to time, Public Lectures in Finance to stimulate and enhance interested Research findings in the field of finance.
- Over and above the regular public lectures, the occupant of the UBA Professorial Chair in Finance must hold a Special Annual Lecture. He/She must also deliver a Special Terminal Public Lecture, on his/her accomplishments, at the end of the tenure
- A good first degree and Ph.D. in Finance or Economics
- Must have had not less than ten years of teaching and research experience following his/her appointment as Lecturer Grade Two in a University or comparable institution of higher learning
- Must have been an Associate Professor for at least three years or Senior Lecturer for at least six years
- There must be proof of Continuing Research in Finance
- There must be appreciable evidence of scholarly Publications in reputable national and international journals
- Evidence of ability to supervise academic Masters and Doctoral Students must be provided.
- Ability to provide academic leadership
- Must have sufficient administrative experience
- Must possess appreciable information technology skills
- Must be of proven integrity
- The Chair has a tenure of three years
Condition of Service
- As contained in the approved University of Lagos Conditions of Service for Senior Staff
- An enhanced basic salary package (i.e. CONUASS 7 plus 20% mark-up).
Other perquisites include:
- Transport (car and driver)
- Research allowance
- Journal allowance
- Learned society subscription allowance
- Local transport and travelling
- Books and periodicals
- Housing allowance
- Conferences / Lectures.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Curriculum Vitae must contain the following:
- Names in full
- Place and Date of Birth
- Home Address
- Postal Address
- Telephone No. (Landline/Mobile)
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Secondary and Post-Secondary Education (including dates and institutions)
- Academic and Professional Qualification (Including distinctions and credit with dates)
- Statement of experience including full details of former and present post.
- Detailed list of publications.
- Other activities outside current employment.
- Names and Addresses of three referees.
- Proposed date of availability for duties, if appointed.
Further enquiries should be directed to:
Office of Advancement,
Top Floor, Bookshop Building,
University of Lagos.
Mobile No: 08158454145
Mobile No: 08072185236
Academic Staff Unit
Human Resource Management Department,
Senate House – University of Lagos.
View & Apply
7 total views, 1 today