Posts Tagged “Stakeholders Alliance for Corporate Accountability”
This position shall principally handle financial operations of the organization and produce timely and accurate financial reports. In practices, this office shall engage in cash management, payroll and taxation, financial disbursements, structured documentation and ledgers management, making annual returns, and consolidate annual accounts
- Minimum Qualification: Others
- Experience Level: Management level
- Experience Length: 3 years
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
A. Planning and Development
1. Support the development and updating of financial policies, procedures and standards, including keeping abreast of new financial and tax laws in accordance to legal requirements and the best financial practices
2. Ensure that all staff are well informed about financial policies of SACA and legal requirements/reforms.
3. Facilitate annual and specific project budget development.
4. Conduct periodic stock taking
5. Update SACA’s financial policies and procedures when necessary.
6. Attend relevant meetings with partners when necessary.
7. Prepare and file annual returns to appropriate authorities.
8. Participate actively in organization-wide learning and other joint activities.
B. Financial and Management Accounting
1. Maintain SACA’s general accounting system (with QuickBooks software) and track expenditures related to each project.
2. Prepare monthly cash flow statements for each project cost centers
3. Organize cash box and ensure that petty cash log is up to date.
4. File financial data and documents in an organized and orderly way as soft copy and hard copy in line with each donor’s requirements.
5. Prepare financial reports for each project in a timely manner according to Organisational and donor’s requirements.
6. Manage banking, and ledgers effectively including undertaking monthly bank reconciliations and foreign exchange management.
7. Prepare monthly variance analysis for each project.
8. Prepare staff payrolls.
9. Manage employees’ benefits and taxation.
1. Develop the NGO’s annual financial report in collaboration with the Auditor.
2. Develop the NGO’s annual financial statement.
3. Vet all financial transactions including application for disbursements and retirement of advances and sign-off each expense (invoice, receipt, Timesheets etc.)
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
Internal: Executive Director, Programme Manager, Community Relations Manager, and Peace Building Manager.
External: Partners and donors
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
1. Level of academic background: A chartered Accountant with a degree in Accounting or any discipline from tertiary institution.
2. Experienced user of QuickBooks accounting software
3. Must have at least 3-year experience in NGO accounts/financial management
4. Proficiency in MS Office skills, particularly Excel
5. Good in written and spoken English
6. Excellent administrative and planning skills
7. Good organizational skills, confidentiality, and ability to meet deadlines
8. Team spirit
This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties and responsibility associated with the position.
Closing date: 21st March 2021
Submission: All applications and CVs should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Important Safety Tips 1. Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team. 2. If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.