Posts Tagged “The Palladium Group”
Finance Officer -IHP Nigeria – Sokoto
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role:
Palladium seeks a Finance Officer for the five-year, USAID-funded Nigeria Integrated Health Program (IHP) – Task Order 5 – Sokoto State. The goal of IHP is to contribute to state-level reductions in child and maternal morbidity and mortality and to increase the capacity of health systems (public and private) to sustainably support quality PHC services.
The purpose of Task Order 5 is to implement priority primary health interventions in Sokoto state to strengthen the state government area (LGA), and ward level health systems. The objectives of the program are a) strengthen systems supporting primary health care (PHC) services b) improve access to PHC services; and c) increase quality of PHC services. Strong engagement and collaboration with state government is expected throughout the program.
Task Order 5 will coordinate closely with other USAID activities and other development partner programs in the state. USAID will intentionally overlay this activity with other Mission programming to increase Government of Nigeria (GON) resources for PHC services, increase demand for PHC services, and improve access to essential commodities. The activity is expected to collaborate closely with those other implementing partners and will not undertake any activities already implemented by other USAID programs.
The Finance Officer (State Office) will report to and support the Finance Manager in Budget, Accounting and Financial Management functions. This position will be based in Sokoto and will support state office Finance Operations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures all finances are managed in alignment with the Nigerian government regulations, company and client’s financial policies and procedures.
- Support the Finance Manager to prepare, review and revise project budgets and expenditure forecasts.
- Forecast project expenditures through field office, timely submit field cash requests and manage cash flows in field office.
- Communicate and follow up with relevant suppliers, consultants, vendors, contractors and staff with regards to invoices, payments, advances or finances.
- Reconcile and review invoices for payments.
- Write checks and issue payments.
- Ensure applicable tax withholding and deductions are taken care of as per the Nigerian laws and regulations on all payments.
- Maintain up to date bank and petty cash account transaction records and supporting documentations.
- Record all financial transactions in the financial templates provided by HQ, accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Prepare, review and submit regular field vouchers and financial reports to Abuja Central Office as required.
- Collect bank statements for the bank accounts, review cash book, and reconcile the accounts.
- Support the Finance Manager to prepare, review monthly financial reports and inform/update expenditure forecast/budget on regular basis.
- Support the State Office to prepare for periodic Financial audits as may be required.
- Work closely with the Operations Officer for daily tasks and project management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Grants Management Support.
- Review recipients’ finance vouchers.
- Process recipients’ invoices and payments.
- Reports to Finance Manager (State)
- University graduate in Financial Management, Business Administration, Accounting, Economics or other relevant field.
- At least 3-5 years of work experience in broader finance, accounts and operations management with an international organization and USG contracts experience preferred (including office management, HR, finance, IT, and logistics);
- Able to communicate effectively and excellent interpersonal skills to form effective working relationships at all levels;
- High level of computer literacy (proficiency in MS Excel would be added advantage)
- Ability to deal appropriately with sensitive issues and maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times;
- Cross-functional team player;
- Results oriented and attention to detail;
- Proven experience in managing expenditures within budget.
The Palladium Group
View & Apply